Data and Privacy Protection Policy
This policy sets out Vicky Nice Interiors’ approach to data protection in compliance with General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Vicky Nice Interiors is the name under which Vicky Nice trades in her work as an interior decorator.
Vicky Nice complies with the requirements and principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 as Data Controller.
As Data Controller Vicky Nice collects personal information about clients and suppliers, and determines the purposes and means of processing their data.
This data may include: name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
The data is collected so Vicky Nice can complete her work as an interior decorator. It is updated regularly. It will never be shared with a third party except with explicit consent (for example when an order is placed for delivery of furniture etc).
The legal bases for processing personal data are:
Legitimate interests in operating the business; and it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Vicky Nice will ensure that data is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
The data will be stored on a password protected computer, on in hard copy in the office of Vicky Nice Interiors. It will be held for as long as it is deemed necessary and useful.
Data subjects have the following rights under GDPR:
The right to be informed; The right of access;
The right to rectification;
The right to erasure;
The right to restrict processing;
The right to data portability;
The right to object;
Rights to object to decision about you based solely on automated processing (including any profiling);
The right to lodge a complaint with the UK ICO.
Any Data Subject wishing to exercise any of those rights, or to complain about how Vicky Nice Interiors has used their personal information, should email email@example.com or write to: Vicky Nice, The Old Cottage, Bucks Green, Rudgwick, Horsham RH12 3JF.